The House will join the Senate in an extended recess due to the pandemic. Speaker Pelosi told reporters that House Democrats are in the early stages of drafting a fourth coronavirus relief package that will include substantial investments in infrastructure. The next bill is expected to include policies that will:
- Expand the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
- Increase funding for employer-provided pension
- Expand paid leave for workers
- Boost the availability of protective medical equipment
- Strengthen worker protections under the the Occupational Safety and Health Administration
The bill is expected to be introduced in the next few weeks.