The Health, Economic Assistance, Liability Protection and Schools (HEALS) Act will include:
- Another round of $1,200 in direct payments
- $105 billion for reopening schools
- $150 billion in state funds provided under the CARES Act and extends the time frame under which that money can be used
- $26 billion for vaccine research, distribution and use
- $25 billion more for hospitals and other health care providers
- $16 billion more for COVID-19 testing
Republicans have rejected extending the $600 enhanced unemployment benefits that expire for roughly 30 million Americans this weekend. It will offer liability protections for businesses and more aid for small businesses through the Paycheck Protection Program.
In May, the House voted to pass the HEROES Act which was a $3 trillion proposal. Click here to view more details on what is included in the House bill.