The CDC recently expanded vaccine eligibility for booster shots with Moderna and Pfizer.
The following groups are eligible for a booster shot at 6 months or more after their initial series:
- 65 years and older
- Age 18+ who live in long-term care settings
- Age 18+ who have underlying medical conditions
- Age 18+ who work or live in high-risk settings
COVID-19 Response Update with Surgeon General Vivek Murthy on COVID-19 vaccines and pregnancy Webinar The vaccines are safe and effective – at all stages of pregnancy and postpartum – and it has never been more urgent to increase vaccinations as we face the highly transmissible variants and see severe outcomes from COVID-19 among unvaccinated pregnant people. RSVP HERE
Muslim Americans During COVID-19
- As of spring 2021, a majority of Muslims always wore a mask in public places to protect against COVID-19.
- Self-identified liberal Muslims more likely to have always worn a mask in public places than those who identify as conservative.
- Younger Muslims (18-29) were less likely than older Muslims (30-49 and 50+) to always wear a mask in public places.
- Muslims more likely than the general public to support mask mandates as reasonable
- Find full results and graphs here
The ISPU's Survey on Muslim American Attitudes on COVID-19 Protection
Questions about COVID-19 Vaccines While Pregnant?
What are the types of vaccines?
Myths vs Facts on COVID-19
Learn more about booster shots.