Join us in calling on our elected officials to immediately pass a comprehensive COVID-19 relief package and ensure that families are protected in such difficult times. A bipartisan $908 billion framework has been introduced without any legislative text. Vulnerable communities deserve a stronger sense of urgency. We urge the Senate to pass a COVID-19 relief bill that protects:
- The unemployed and low income individuals: Enact quarterly targeted stimulus checks, accessible to low income individuals, including immigrants, through the duration of the pandemic. While also extending unemployment insurance benefits.
- Immigrants: Provide free access to COVID-19 testing and treatment to uninsured people, regardless of their immigration status. Extend stimulus benefits to immigrant taxpayers from previous relief bills. Extend work permits and protections from deportation for immigrants.
- Access to nutrition: Increase SNAP’s maximum benefit by %15, with an average $25/person per month, and expand the minimum SNAP benefit from $15/month to $30/month.
- Access to healthcare: Fund health services for COVID-19 testing, treatment, and vaccine development and distribution.
- Housing: Enact emergency rental assistance and prevent evictions, utility shutoffs, and homelessness.