News: May 18, 2021
- The Pfizer vaccine is now available for adolescents 12 through 15 years of age. Read more from the FDA on this important advancement in vaccine distribution.
- Federal mask mandate is now lifted According to the CDC, "Fully vaccinated people can resume activities without wearing a mask or physically distancing, except where required by federal, state, local, tribal, or territorial laws, rules, and regulations, including local business and workplace guidance."
Resources & Fact Sheets:
- Toolkit for Stimulus Check Outreach to Immigrant Families According to the U.S. Treasury in 2021, at least 8 million eligible households still haven’t received their first stimulus check. Use this toolkit to help immigrant families who still have not received stimulus checks.
- NLIHC COVID-19 Rental Assistance Database | The National Low-Income Housing Coalition is providing a free rental assistance database resource for you and your community. If you or anyone you know needs rental assistance in the United States, share this resource.
- American Families Plan state-by-state fact sheets | The White House released fact sheets to highlight nationwide need and impact of the American Families Plan
- CPCC American Families Plan Spreadsheet | The Congressional Progressive Caucus Center has put all the provisions from the American Families Plan and the American Jobs Plan into one shareable spreadsheet .
- FACT SHEET: President Biden to Announce Goal to Administer at Least One Vaccine Shot to 70% of the U.S. Adult Population by July 4th | The White House released a fact sheet on COVID-19 updates, ranging from vaccine distribution to increasing education efforts, to more walk-in availability and more.
Vaccine Tools for You & Your Community:
- Visit www.vaccines.gov (English) or vacunas.gov (Spanish) to search and find a vaccine near you.
- Text GETVAX (438829) for English or VACUNA (822862) for Spanish to receive three vaccine sites on your phone within seconds.
- Call the National COVID-19 Vaccination Assistance Hotline at 1-800-232-0233 for those who prefer to get information via phone call.
- Want to know where to get vaccinated or help someone else get vaccinated? Text your ZIP Code to GETVAX — G-E-T-V-A-X. That’s 438829 and you will be texted back three locations near you with vaccines in stock. If you prefer the information in Spanish, text your ZIP Code to VACUNA at 822862.
- Prefer a specific vaccine? No problem. Visit www.vaccines.gov/
- The Biden administration waived intellectual property protections for COVID-19 Vaccines | The administration decided to side with international efforts for vaccine production amid concerns about vaccine access in developing nations. The decision was made due to global pressure, as COVID-19 rates spread in India and South America.
- COVID-19 Community Corps Virtual Call on Vaccine Expansion and New Tools | Watch the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) virtual update, including U.S. Surgeon General Dr. Vivek Murthy, Andy Slavitt, and Mina Hsiang on vaccine expansion across the country and new tools that can help your community find vaccines near you.
- Federal judge vacates CDC's eviction moratorium | A federal judge vacated a nationwide freeze on evictions that was put in place by federal health officials to help cash-strapped renters remain in their homes during the pandemic, a huge win for property owners and realtors.